Thursday 27 August 2009

many many things happening

first thing.
we have been doing marriage counseling for some weeks now.
we are having the last one this Sunday
to me, its just a ticking the box exercise
but i must say that i have learnt one or two things
most things we talked about, i had heard before - thanks to the numerous family weeks, single and married programs, Sunday school, watching my parents and having a deaconess for a mother and a pastor for a father.
in my mind: experience is the best teacher. hearing all this and reading books can only show you what to expect and prepare your mind. it does not automatically mean that you will handle issues the best possible way when they come up.

i think BS takes it more serious than I sha - infact, he has read the whole manual and i am yet to read the first 20 pages.


another thing..
the wedding planning stress is beginning to get to me. I actually cried a few days ago!!! can u believe that. I keep thinking - will these people just let me be and lets get this wedding over with. For a while now, i have felt like I'm in the middle of my family, my husband's family and my new family (BS) and each party is tugging at me from different angles.


and another thing...
BS is coming tomorrow, I'm looking forward to having him here. we will be buying the rings, his suit, the grooms men's shirts and any other thing i remember...lol

speaking of which....i have not been able to find any peach shirts o! abi do guys not wear peach shirts again? any ideas????


yet another thing....
the mothers went to the market to buy our clothes (the ones BS and I will wear). i cant wait to see it now.
I have chosen to have the bridesmaids clothes done in Lagos, cos i just cant find any peach dresses in the right store, at the right price and to my taste. i hope the girls like it too. its costing each girl N13000 (they get a dress, a pair of shoes and accessories)

lastly....
we are rounding up on our wedding website and i must say that we built it ourselves. it feels good having total control on what we put on there and been able to go there and change stuff when we want. although there were a few technical hitches we had to overcome. but all is well that ends well.

oh- I'm looking for a job in Norway within the financial industry. i need all your prayers.
I hope to make the big move sooner rather than later to join BS there

xxx

3 comments:

Kemi said...

Hey Brown Sugar, i'm happy for you that wedding planning is coming along. I understand what you mean by stress, my traditional wedding is 6 months away and my white is 8 months away and I'm already stressing out. The worst part of it for me is that i'm also stressing out my loved ones which is not good. My poor mom, she's the one that's heard it the most! I love her for being a dream mom during this process.

I'm not sure where you'd get a peach shirt ooo, but I'll look at for it for you just in case. You and your hubby will be in my prayers (especially for your Norway job search).

Take care and God Bless.

Yankeenaijababe said...

Peach and more peaches, love the color you are using...I know it's going to be fabulous on your girls. Don't let the wedding stress get to you, just relax and enjoy every moment. Concerning the job in Norway, I pray God opens the right job opportunity for you. You will get there...keep your head high. Don't forget to share your wedding website with us.

Brown Sugar Babes said...

kemi, its good you are also getting married o, but it is too early to be stressing out i think :)
thanks for checking out peach shirts...i'm waiting for feedback in case you find anything.

yankeenaijababe: thanks.
i intend to share the website after the wedding!

watch this space