Sunday 2 August 2009

cool wedding rings


A lot of things have happened since i last blogged and i will try to write about 'most of them in the next few days.

Yes, I'm still getting married and plans are taking full swing...

we went ring shopping !!!
I think we must have browsed all the shops in the UK and now have come to the conclusion that Argos is the most cost effective place to buy them considering our budget. Surprisingly, i found that you could see one wedding band pattern in one store for up to five times the price that Argos sells it (exactly the same pattern and quality of material). i can't think of any other reason for the difference in price except for the price these shops place on their brands.

white gold or yellow gold? platinum or palladium??
I'm not yet decided but at the moment, I'll tilting towards white gold

9 ct(carat), 18ct or 24ct gold???
I'm currently tilting towards 9ct (English gold) at the moment because this is more common in the UK and there are more design options in this quality at Argos

I was thinking about picking a band for BS that looks something like what you see in the picture above, something a bit more fashionable and different from the conventional plain bands for men.

Then I was showing shortlisted options to one of my friends (some even more unconventional than the picture above) and she goes 'ha! people will still think he is not married o, if he is wearing this! and some girls will think he is joking even if he tells them'. I'm not usually swayed that easily when i make up my mind on things but it took me less than 5secs to change my mind on this one. lol

So i now prefer for him to have a wedding band that is easily identifiable as one and will leave no doubts in anybody's minds that he is no longer available.

engagement ring: big stones or small stones?
I think my preference changes by the day. but i kinda have a general idea at the back of my mind on what i want. I want something sparkly and 'posh looking'. very slim, with stones on the shoulder. I see a lot of stuff i like sha but have had to close my eyes to them all the time because they are above our budget. I must say that I sometimes feel the urge to ask BS to give me the budget money and then add more from my pocket so that i can have what i want but I suspect BS will not like this when he finds out.


other things:
I'm reading a book called 'Love and respect by Emerson Eggerichs'. Its a really good book and i will recommend it for intending couples and married couples who feel their relationship is getting stiff or couples who are having issues.

I also joined the mailing list for this website 'the generous wife'. I totally love it and i can't wait to start acting out some of the daily tips I get from them. They are so practical, easy to do and simple, yet strong enough to make a huge impact. They are written from a christian perspective and the idea is to help wives to be more generous to their husbands every single day rather than just when you are feeling loved up or only at the early stage of marriage.

I have posted tips from three days for you to see and decide whether to join or not (i totally recommend that you do sha. Many of then are even things that single people can do to/for their boyfriends)

July 22, 2009

Hmmm Nice

Say something nice about your husband's body when he's stepping out of the shower or changing his clothes. Let him know that you find him physically attractive.

My beloved is dazzling and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand. Song of Songs 5:10 NAS

Lori <><


July 21, 2009

Thanks, Hon

Be sure to be appreciative of things that your husband does for you. Bless him for his hard work, appreciate his gifts, and just generally be aware of and thankful for all the things that he does, large and small.

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting somthing we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. Frederick Keonig

Be generous! Lori <><


July 20, 2009

Just Because

Call your husband just to say, "I love you."

Where there is great love, there are always miracles. Willa Cather

Be generous! Lori <><


July 19, 2009

Self Check

How is your spiritual walk? Do you spend enough time with God that you are happy with your relationship with Him? Are you growing in your understanding of the Word? Are the fruits of the Spirit showing up in your life? What do you need to further build your relationship with Him? What practical things can you do to make that happen more easily?

Our relationship with God is foundational to the rest of our lives. His working in our lives, makes or breaks the quality of our lives and our ability to love and serve others. I know we are all busy. Some of us work outside of the home. Some have little ones at your feet. We have responsibilities here, there and everywhere. May I encourage you to make your time with God of the highest importance? On a simple level, create a spot in the house where you can tuck yourself away with God and meet Him there often. On a more complex level, you may need to rethink the use of your time and hand off some responsibilities so that you have more time for God. Make the time for this very foundational need in your life. He is our source of strength, joy and love.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8a NKJV

Be generous! Lori <><

5 comments:

Andrea said...

thanks for all that info.nice blog

O'Dee said...

Told you I ended up getting our rings at argos.

I got a two toned one, and I have to say all the white gold in now yellow gold. Its ok cos it blends well, but I really would love if it dint change.

I think you should get the kind of ring you want for BS irrespective of it not looking like a standard wedding ring. In my case Rabbi doesnt even put his on 905 of the time cos he is working; took me a while to come to terms with it.

Nice tips from GW.

downtheaisle said...

nice to know that the wedding plans is taking full swing.
for the rings, I sort of will advise u don't go above ur budget, cos u'ld always find something nicer than u have seen and u know what, years down the line, u might even wish to change them.

***I am off to check out the generous wife.

Yankeenaijababe said...

missed ya, great to hear from you...can I see the white dress? REally happy for you

Brown Sugar Babes said...

thanks guys.
i hope you all found the generous wife website useful.

we are going to buy rings on Saturday. yay!!!!
i'll keep u all posted on what we bought eventually.

o dee: thanks for the tips